Thursday 28 April 2011

Cafe Kanana

Cafe Kanana is one of the many cafes surrounding Sangdo station. I happen to go to a lot of cafes in this area because it is near where I live and work. I found myself going into Cafe Kanana on my day off to sample some of their food and drinks. Their food menu is quite limited. The cafe only have 7 or 8 different pizzas and pastas available on their menu. I ordered a cheese pizza which had olives and onions on when it arrived at my table. Personally I didn't really mind as I love olives and veggies but some may be a bit surprised to get this when they supposedly ordered a plain cheese pizza.



On the day that I visited the cafe, which was a thursday I tried to order a Cafe Gelato or
카페젤라또 in Korean. The lady told me that they couldn't make that. I'm assuming that they didn't have any gelato as it's probably not something that a lot of customers order. I was a little bit disappointed by this as most customers don't like to be told what they want to order is not available. As a second choice I ordered the Cafe Kanana 카페카나나. I didn't ask what kind of coffee this was, I just thought I'd see what I got when it came out.

What I got was this:

The best way I can describe this drink is a mix between a cappucino (frothy milk on the top) and a latte with some random sweet syrup on the bottom hence the red swizzle stick in my drink. It wasn't altogether unpleasant but I couldn't really figure out what it was and there are probably better coffees to drink at this cafe and elsewhere.

I wasn't particular bowled over by this cafe although the decor was nice and the proximity to the station is useful. I don't want to give the cafe a bad review as such but I would say it's a fairly average cafe. There was nothing that made the cafe stand out from all the other chain coffee shops in Seoul.




How to get there: Sangdo station, Exit 5, do a 180 so that the stairs and escalators are behind your and walk around the corner, it will be immediately on your right hand side.

No comments:

Post a Comment