Friday 22 April 2011

커피별 녹색잔

커피별 녹색잔 is the name of the cafe and is pronounced Copi Byeol Noksekjan which translates to Coffee Star Green Cup in English. This cafe is located in Samcheongdong. I visited the cafe in the evening after work on friday between 9pm-11pm and there were only a few people in the cafe. On the weekends, most of the cafes in Samcheondong are packed so it was nice to be able to visit at a time when it was much less crowded.

커피별 녹색잔 doesn't have any kind of point card system. However, if you have an Alleh account then you can use an e-coupon type thing that you can get sent to your phone (as long as you have a phone that can access the internet) and then you can get 50% off the price of the drinks. I happened to be with a Korean friend who had an Alleh account which is the only reason I know about this offer and there is a poster outside the cafe with the Alleh logo to alert Korean customers to this offer.


커피별 녹색잔 is also book cafe of sorts. There was only a small selection of books in Korean of course. One of them was an Osaka cafe guide which was quite interesting. If I could read Korean it probably would have been more interesting.


Selection of books upstairs


Selection of books downstairs

What attracted us (my friend and I) to this cafe was that it had 2 floors, looked quite airy and spacious and it wasn't crowded which was an added bonus. There were just enough decoration inside to make it interesting to look at without it feeling cluttered or over crowded.

Here are some photos of the inside of the cafe:









Although I enjoyed the 커피별 녹색잔 experience, I have to say that there was nothing that special about it for me. I may visit this cafe again simply for the discount you can get with an Alleh membership. The cafe does have one thing going for it that the other cafes on this street seem to lack and that is space. Other than that, I wasn't really wowed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment