Sunday 22 May 2011

Justins

My friend had been wanting to visit this cafe for some time because according to her it looked a bit posh from the outside but I have to say that once we went inside it was a bit disappointing. It was too big (for my taste) with harsh lighting and not at all cosy. The only upside of Justins cafe was that they had several desktop computers that you can use but this isn't particularly unusual in Seoul as other cafes have computers available as well. The other good thing about Justins is that it opens at 7am and doesn't close until midnight. It can be quite hard to find coffee shops that are open early in the morning in Seoul, at least near my home.

My friend ordered a Kopi Luwak coffee which she said didn't taste very good but I don't know if this was because she was not used to the taste or because the coffee bean comes out of the rear end of an animal (sorry but there really is no delicate way of saying that). My friend is somewhat or a coffee connoisseur so I tend to believe her if she said it wasn't good. I would have had a taste of it myself for investigative purposes (basically for this blog and whoever is out there reading it) but I was not feeling well that day and it couldn't work up the motivation to try it once I was told by my friend that it really wasn't very good.

I ordered a cranberry cake and my friend ordered a cheesecake to see whether the cakes were any better than the drinks. Unfortunately, she took one bite of her cheesecake and said it was mediocre and I agreed that both her cake and my cake were both mediocre after having tried them both. All in all the cafe was just ok. If you don't mind or even prefer being in huge cafes packed with people with not much atmosphere then this is the place for you.





How to get there:

Seoul National University Station, Line 2, Exit 2, walk straight out of Exit 2 for about 5 minutes, it will be on your left.

No comments:

Post a Comment